Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Venison Backstrap Recipe by Kevin Fowler
If you’re a fan or follower of Texas native Kevin Fowler, you know that more than anything, he loves music, beer and being behind a grill. “I’m a huge fan of the barbecue,” says Fowler in his new BBQ-centric episode of ‘Kevin Fowler TV.’ “I love to cook it, I love to eat it [and] I love to talk about it. Beer barbecue is the way of life around my house.”
Speaking of his own famous bacon-wrapped jalapeno venison backstrap recipe, the ‘Hell Yeah, I Like Beer‘ hitmaker tells Taste of Country, “I’m always working on my barbecue game to make it better. If I have time, I prefer to smoke them instead of grilling, but either way works great. You can also add cream cheese in the middle with the jalapenos if you’d like. They’re delicious either way.”
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Venison Backstrap Recipe Ingredients:
2 pounds of venison backstrap
5 or 6 fresh whole jalapenos
1 package of sliced bacon
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Venison Backstrap Directions:
1. Slice backstrap into pieces about 3/8” thick.
2. Slice jalapenos into strips about 1/4” wide (I would suggest removing the seeds unless you like it really hot).
3. Place one strip of sliced jalapeno on one piece of backstrap and fold.
4. Wrap the backstrap with a piece of bacon.
5. Stick a toothpick through the entire thing now to hold it together.
6. Grill them over hot coals (the slower the better).
Watch Kevin Fowler Dish on the Art of Barbecuing