Blake Shelton Remakes ‘Footloose’ for New Movie Soundtrack
Blake Shelton is going to cut 'Footloose' this October, as Entertainment Weekly reports that the 'Honey Bee' singer has re-recorded the title track for the upcoming 'Footloose' film soundtrack. The remake of the movie hits theaters on October 14.
If you don't remember the original film, here's what you need to know: It traced the happenings in a small town where dancing was not only frowned up and forbidden, it was outlawed. Newcomer Ren McCormack roared into town and communicated with his fellow high school students and local religious folk through the power of dance, eventually getting the law repealed.
As for the original song, it was a foot-tapping rocker, where bearded singer Kenny Loggins urged everybody to "cut footloose." Taste of Country is beyond excited to hear exactly how Shelton re-imagined the tune. He could have taken the song and made it more country or he could have added a little rock 'n' roll flair to his signature twang. It could go either way, and we are anxious to hear it!
Even more importantly, we're wondering if Loggins will offer his stamp of approval. Other country acts to appear on the soundtrack include Zac Brown, Whitney Duncan, Big and Rich, Gretchen Wilson, Jana Kramer and Hunter Hayes.
'Footloose' Track Listing:
1. 'Footloose' – Blake Shelton
2. 'Where the River Goes' – Zac Brown
3. 'Little Lovin' – Lissie
4. 'Holding Out for a Hero' – Ella Mae Bowen
5. 'Let's Hear It for the Boy' – Jana Kramer
6. 'So Sorry Mama' – Whitney Duncan
7. 'Fake I.D.' – Big & Rich Feat. Gretchen Wilson
8. 'Almost Paradise' – Victoria Justice and Hunter Hayes
9. 'Walkin' Blues' – Cee Lo Green Feat. Kenny Wayne Shepherd
10. 'Window Paine' – The Smashing Pumpkins
11. 'Suicide Eyes' – A Thousand Horses
12. 'Dance the Night Away' – David Banner