Cranberry Bread Recipe by Trisha Yearwood
"I got [this recipe] from a friend who is 95 years old," Trisha Yearwood tells People Country of her special cranberry bread recipe. "When you get a recipe from a southern lady that's been cooking for that many years, you know it's going to be awesome!"
Cranberry Bread Recipe Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. orange zest
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup warm water
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped cranberries
1 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, optional
Cranberry Bread Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour and next four ingredients; set aside.
3. Combine orange zest and next four ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add flour mixture, stirring until combined.
5. Stir in walnuts, cranberries and chocolate, if desired.
6. Pour into a lightly greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
7. Bake one hour or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Makes: 1 (9-inch) loaf
Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 30 minutes