Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert + More Contribute to John Fogerty’s ‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’
Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisley are among the impressive list of country music's biggest names who have joined forces with John Fogerty for the rock legend's upcoming Vanguard Records debut, 'Wrote a Song for Everyone,' out May 28.
Zac Brown Band, Alan Jackson and Kid Rock also make an appearance on he 14-track duets project, Fogerty's ninth album a solo artist. The musician first gained notoriety as a member of Creedence Clearwater Revival, but earned comparable success as a solo artist after leaving the band in 1972.
In regards to the musical guests who contributed to 'Wrote a Song for Everyone,' Fogerty says, "I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I’d recorded in the past. I was hoping they’d have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I’d have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new."
Every track featured on 'Wrote a Song for Everyone' is part of the singer's self-penned catalog, which includes the iconic CCR tunes 'Bad Moon Rising' and 'Proud Mary.' 'Born on the Bayou,' re-recorded with Kid Rock for the project, was featured in its original form in NFL Network placement ads during this year's Super Bowl.
'Wrote a Song for Everyone' is now available for pre-order on both iTunes and Amazon. It will be Fogerty's first release since his 2009 solo collection, 'The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again.'
John Fogerty 'Wrote a Song for Everyone' Track Listing:
1. 'Fortune Son' (with Foo Fighters)
2. 'Almost Saturday Night' (with Keith Urban)
3. 'Lodi' (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. 'Mystic Highway' (John Fogerty solo)
5. 'Wrote a Song for Everyone' (with Miranda Lambert and Tom Morello)
6. 'Bad Moon Rising' (with Zac Brown Band)
7. 'Long As I Can See the Light' (with My Morning Jacket)
8. 'Born on the Bayou' (with Kid Rock)
9. 'Train of Fools' (John Fogerty solo)
10. 'Someday Never Comes' (with Dawes)
11. 'Who'll Stop the Rain' (with Bob Seger)
12. 'Hot Rod Heart' (with Brad Paisley)
13. 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain' (with Alan Jackson)
14. 'Proud Mary' (with Jennifer Hudson, Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)