Justin Moore’s Tour Bus Catches Fire En Route to Concert
Last night, Justin Moore was awoken from something far worse than your average nightmare. As Moore and his crew were traveling to a concert in Detroit, one of the generator batteries in their tour bus caught fire, causing the whole engine to burst into flames.
The fire began around 4AM, when Moore, his band and his tour crew were all fast asleep. They awoke to the sound of the bus's smoke alarm and quickly evacuated. Luckily, the bus driver was able to extinguish the flames before they were out of control. The entire group was forced to stand outside in the bitter cold until it was safe to go inside the bus a half hour later.
Oddly, the engine was fine and the only damage done was from the heavy smoke. Moore and his group were able to drive the bus to their hotel, and a replacement bus was sent to the Detroit area so that Moore can continue on his tour.
Even though the fire only lasted 10 minutes, Moore knows that the situation could have been much more dire. "In all seriousness, we’re thankful that we’re all safe, and feel blessed," Moore says. "It could’ve been a lot worse than it was." However, Moore won't let this situation get him down. "Well … we really love coming to the Detroit area," Moore says. "I just hope in the future it gets a little more simple, as far as our trips go!"
On a lighter note, Moore's single 'If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away' continues to climb the charts. The song will be featured on Moore's upcoming album, which is set for release later this year.