21 Things Taylor Swift Has Yet to Accomplish
Taylor Swift may have three multi-platinum albums that spawned over 70 awards and broke a number of Nieslen SoundScan records, but we can name a few things she has yet to accomplish -- 21, to be exact. May this list inspire her professionally and personally, and make her giggle ... just a little.
21. Duet with a country artist. Only duets she's got under her belt are with popsters Boys Like Girls and John Mayer.
20. Rack up two million album sales in the first week. We may be setting the bar a little too high, but don't you think country's sweetheart could outdo 'N Sync's 'No Strings Attached'?
19. Publish a book. We're not sure what the 350-page manuscript she wrote when she was 12 is about, but a self-help book about the world of dating in your '20s could be a for sure New York Times Bestseller.
18. Don a pixie cut, much like Emma Watson and Ashlee Simpson's hairdos.
17. Collaborate with Max Martin. The Swedish producer has worked on pop songs for Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Katy Perry. Music you can party to hasn't ever been Swift's forte, but she's always written about personal experiences, and we all know what she's going to be doing very soon …
16. Snag a guy. She's reportedly dated Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner and John Mayer. Taylor, can't you just keep one of them? We're rooting for current rumored beau Jake Gyllenhaal (Jaylor?).
15. Release a cover of a country song. We've only heard covers of Tom Petty's classic 'American Girl,' Rihanna's 'Umbrella' and Christmas tunes. We want to hear renditions of songs by Emmylou Harris, Alison Krauss and Dolly!
14. Go to college. Everybody's doing it.
13. Land a part in a quirky, dark indie film. No more sharing the limelight with Julia Roberts, Jessica Biel and Jennifer Garner in romantic comedies. Impress the Sundance folk with a shocking, totally out-of-character role that no one would ever predict she'd pull off.
12. Break up with a guy in less than 30 seconds. It's been done to her ...
11. Start her own music label. She's got the fan base, money and connections.
10. Release a concept album. Grab a bunch of artists to jam with her. Dierks Bentley did just that with his bluegrass-centric album 'Up on the Ridge.'
9. Buy a house abroad. Maybe an Italian villa, George Clooney style. She's abroad a lot for her world tours. Makes perfect sense to us!
8. Initiate a Twitter war, 50 Cent and Diddy style. A duel-off between her and Kanye?
7. Host an awards show. She just might have to host a different show than the CMAs -- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley have sort of claimed that.
6. Win an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
5. Start a music education awareness non-profit. She could call it "Center For Kids Who Can't Play Music Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good, Too."
4. Be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
3. Collaborate with a high-end fashion designer. She's shown interest in Roberto Cavalli. A Wal-Mart line just doesn't cut it.
2. Break Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood's records for No. 1 hits on the Hot Country Songs chart. That's 10 No. 1 singles and counting.
1. Become a member of the Grand Ole Opry. She may have only five years in the country biz, but she's made a bigger impact than any other country artist her age.