Fire Destroys Pool House at Toby Keith’s Golf Club
Fire tore through a pool house at Toby Keith's Belmar Golf Club early Wednesday morning. No one was hurt by the blaze which started shortly after midnight, and officials aren't speculating on the cause. Moore Fire Deputy Chief Gary Bird tells The Oklahoman that the fire did $50,000 and $70,000 worth of damage.
Flames were visible from a mile away, the newspaper reports. Belmar Golf Club is in Moore, Okla., just outside of Norman. This is the second time as of late that members have been rattled by suspicious activity. Last week, a man walked into the club's bar and stole money from an unattended cash register. Keith has issued a reward for information leading to his arrest. It's unclear if the two incidents are related.
The club remains open while fire investigators search the rubble for clues, but the pool house is closed.
Keith's Locked and Loaded Tour hits the road this weekend, including a stop in St. Augustine, Fla. tonight, and stops in Raleigh, N.C., and Virginia Beach, Va. this weekend.
Watch Toby Keith Perform 'Made in America'