Now that your favorite radio stations have punted the Christmas music and returned to normal programming, the race is on for the top spot on the Taste of Country Top 40 list for January 2012. Last month's No. 1 — 'Tattoos on This Town' by Jason Aldean — moves to No. 2 this month, as one of the fastest selling digital downloads of the last six months and a former Taste of Country Showdown champion breezes past him.
10. Lady Antebellum – 'Dancin' Away With My Heart'
'Own the Night'
11. Craig Morgan – 'This Ole Boy'
'This Ole Boy'
12. James Wesley – 'Didn't I'
13. Brantley Gilbert – 'You Don't Know Her Like I Do'
'Halfway to Heaven'
14. Sara Evans – 'My Heart Can't Tell You No'
15. George Strait – 'Love's Gonna Make It Alright'
'Here for a Good Time'
16. Jake Owen – 'Alone With You'
'Barefoot Blue Jean Night'
17. Montgomery Gentry – 'Where I Come From'
'Rebels on the Run'
18. Billy Currington – 'Like My Dog'
19. Scotty McCreery – 'The Trouble With Girls'
'Clear as Day'
20. Faith Hill – 'Come Home'
21. Lee Brice – 'A Woman Like You'
Hard 2 Love
22. Hunter Hayes – 'Storm Warning'
23. Justin Moore – 'Bait a Hook'
'Outlaws Like Me'
24. Edens Edge – 'Amen'
25. Keith Urban – 'You Gonna Fly'
26. Taylor Swift – 'Ours'
27. Dierks Bentley – 'Home'
28. Martina McBride – 'I'm Gonna Love You Through It'
29. Brad Paisley – 'Camouflage'
'This is Country Music'
30. Kenny Chesney – 'Reality'
31. Toby Keith – 'Red Solo Cup'
32. Lady Antebellum – 'We Owned the Night'
'Own the Night'
33. The Band Perry – 'All Your Life'
'The Band Perry'
34. David Nail – 'Let It Rain'
'The Sound of a Million Dreams'
35. Chris Young – 'You'
36. Zac Brown Band – 'Keep Me in Mind'
'You Get What You Give'
37. Rascal Flatts – 'Easy'
'Nothing Like This'
38. Eric Church – 'Drink in My Hand'
39. Jason Aldean – 'Tattoos on This Town'
'My Kinda Party'
40. Luke Bryan – 'I Don't Want This Night to End'
'Tailgates and Tanlines'
Did Your Favorite Songs Make Our January 2012 List?
The Top 40 Country Songs for January 2012 are based on airplay at select country radio stations in the United States, the most searched songs on Taste of Country and the personal opinions of the Taste of Country editorial staff. What would you add to the list?
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://tasteofcountry.com using your original account information.