Wynonna Judd to Release All-New Self-Titled Album, ‘Wynonna & The Big Noise’
It’s been a while since Wynonna Judd released an all-new record — since 2003’s What the World Needs Now Is Love, to be exact — so fans will be excited to hear the icon is releasing a brand new debut album with her band the Big Noise early next year.
The self-titled record, Wynonna & the Big Noise, will drop Feb. 12, 2016, featuring special guests Derek Trucks, Jason Isbell, Susan Tedeschi and Timothy B Schmit. It will also include one track co-written by three-time CMA award winner Chris Stapleton. The 12 new tracks are the result of an environment of artistic freedom, not tied down by expectations, Judd says.
"I have stripped myself of all the expectations of worrying about fitting into any format and just picked songs I love,” she explains. "This album is my favorite thing I've done so far."
The "vintage yet modern" album will have a natural, raw feeling, according to Judd, as it was recorded all together at the home studio on the singer's family farm in Tennessee. Husband Cactus Moser also doubles as the band’s producer and drummer.
"Like a garage band we all get in a room, basically knee to knee in a circle, and we jam until it feels amazing,” Judd shares. "By the time we push record we are already jacked up because we have practiced and practiced until we know we are rocking. The end result is even better than when we started out because we're free to just play and enjoy ourselves."
The lead-off track, “Ain’t No Thing,” was co-written by Stapleton and John Scott Sherrill and features Tedeschi. Nashville singer-songwriter Andrew Ripp’s “Cool Ya,” co-written by Ripp and Lisa Carver, makes an appearance, and indie singer-songwriter Isbell guests on “Things I Lean On,” written by Travis Meadows and Daniel Sanders. View the full track list and songwriter credits below.
Wynonna & The Big Noise Track Listing:
1. "Ain't No Thing" featuring Susan Tedeschi (Written by John Scott Sherrill, Chris Stapleton)
2. "Cool Ya" (Written by Lisa Carver, Andrew Ripp)
3. "Things I Lean On" featuring Jason Isbell (Written by Travis Meadows, Daniel Sanders)
4. "You Make My Heart Beat Too Fast" featuring Cactus Moser (Written by Julie Miller)
5. "Staying in Love" (Written by Rapheal Saadiq)
6. "Keeps Me Alive" featuring Derek Trucks (Written by Sarah Siskind)
7. "Jesus and a Jukebox" (Written by Travis Meadows, Jeremy Spillman, David Tolliver)
8. "I Can See Everything" featuring Timothy B Schmit (Written by Timothy B. Schmit)
9. "Something You Can't Live Without" (Written by David Lee Murphy, Cactus Moser)
10. "You Are So Beautiful" (Written by Ashley Warren, Cactus Moser)
11. "Every Ending (Is a New Beginning)" (Written by Doug Johnson, Billy Montana, Wynonna, Cactus Moser)
12. "Choose to Believe" (Written by Charlie White, Kevin Welch)
See the Judds Through the Years