Brantley Gilbert to Release Deluxe Edition of ‘Halfway to Heaven’ Album
Brantley Gilbert is getting ready for a very special day in his career. On September 13, the Georgian will release his debut album with the Valory Music Co. ‘Halfway to Heaven Deluxe’ is a re-issue of his hit album, with three brand new songs he cut especially for the project. The album’s original 12 tracks have been remixed and remastered to sound the way that the singer originally intended.
In addition to the three new tracks, produced by Dan Huff, the deluxe edition of ‘Halfway to Heaven’ will also include the music videos for the album’s lead hit single ‘Country Must Be Country Wide,’ as well as the already-classic ‘Kick it in the Sticks,’ and an up-close-and-personal behind the scenes interview with Gilbert.
“The folks at Valory have the reputation of being the hardest working and strongest in the business,” Gilbert recently told Taste of Country. “I can’t tell you how great it’s been [working with them]. It’s been a lot faster pace, of course. We’ve been a lot busier, but it’s been great. They give us a lot of creative leeway. It’s been awesome.”
While his name may be new to some, Gilbert has quite the fan following in the southern states. Over the summer, the newcomer toured with Willie Nelson on the 2011 Country Throwdown tour, stealing the show night after night with his high octane performance and rockin’ country music.
“As we tour country wide each night, I continue to realize that my fans in the crowd are just like me,” notes Gilbert. “They are my closest friends because they listen to my music, they sing along with me and they have been through the same type of experiences. This album is essentially a storybook of my life, and I am excited to see what those friends have to say about it.”
Aside from ‘Country Must Be Country Wide’ being a Top 20 hit — and rising — Gilbert has scored himself two No. 1 hits in the recent years as a songwriter. Jason Aldean took his songs ‘My Kinda Party’ and ‘Dirt Road Anthem’ to the top of the Country Singles chart.
Throughout the fall, Gilbert will continue to play shows coast-to-coast. To see where the country rocker will be performing next, visit his website here.
‘Halfway to Heaven’ Track List:
1. ‘Hell on Wheels’ (Mike Dekle, Brantley Gilbert)
2. ‘Bending the Rules and Breaking the Law’ (Brantley Gilbert, Jeremy Spillman)
3. ‘Back in the Day’ (Dallas Davidson, Brantley Gilbert, Ben Hayslip)
4. ‘My Kind of Crazy’ (Rhett Akins, Brantley Gilbert, Ben Hayslip)
5. ‘Kick It in the Sticks’ (Rhett Akins, Brantley Gilbert, Ben Hayslip)
6. ‘Halfway to Heaven’ (Brantley Gilbert, Mike Mobley Jeremy Spillman)
7. ‘Saving Amy’ (Bonnie Baker, Brantley Gilbert)
8. ‘Country Must Be Country Wide’**(Mike Dekle, Colt Ford, Brantley Gilbert)
9. ‘Take It Outside’ (Brantley Gilbert, John Merlino)
10. ‘Them Boys’ (Mike Dekle, Colt Ford, Brantley Gilbert)
11. ‘Fall Into Me’ (Brantley Gilbert, Mike Mobley, Jeremy Spillman)
12. ‘Dirt Road Anthem’ (Revisited) featuring Colt Ford (Colt Ford, Brantley Gilbert)
13. ‘More Than Miles’** (John Eddie, Brantley Gilbert)
14. ‘You Don’t Know Her Like I Do’** (Brantley Gilbert, Jim McCormick)
15. ‘Hell on an Angel’** (Brantley Gilbert, Jeremy Spillman)
Bonus Video Content:
16. ‘Country Must Be Country Wide’ (Music Video)
17. ‘Kick It in the Sticks’ (Music Video)
18. Brantley Gilbert Up Close