Top 40 Country Songs – February 2013
The new single from country superstar Blake Shelton debuts at a higher place on this month's Top 40 Country Songs list than any new song in ToC history. 'Sure Be Cool if You Did' is a hit with fans -- they are requesting it at radio and scooping it up on iTunes like bread and milk before a storm. Shelton's new song isn't No. 1, however. That honor goes to a uncompromisingly dark track from one of Nashville's hottest newcomers.
The latest from Lady Antebellum ranks high in the 40 hottest songs for February 2013. 'Downtown' is sure to be racing toward the Top 10 by next month, but the the funky new single will have to jump hits by Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert to get there.
The list of the Top 40 Country Songs for February 2013 is compiled from Billboard chart data and sales figures, in addition to staff opinion and reader feedback.
Top 40 Country Songs for February 2013:
40. Kix Brooks, 'Moonshine Road'
39. Brett Eldredge, 'Don't Ya'
38. Easton Corbin, 'All Over the Road'
37. Jerrod Niemann, 'Only God Could Love You More'
36. Kip Moore, 'Hey Pretty Girl'
35. Rascal Flatts, 'Changed'
34. Faith Hill, 'American Heart'
33. Love and Theft, 'Runnin' Out of Air'
32. Jake Owen, 'Anywhere With You'
31. Gloriana, 'Can't Shake You'
30. Brantley Gilbert, 'More Than Miles'
29. Dustin Lynch, 'She Cranks My Tractor'
28. Eric Church, 'Like Jesus Does'
27. Kelly Clarkson (Feat. Vince Gill), 'Don't Rush'
26. The Henningsens, 'American Beautiful'
25. Toby Keith, 'Hope on the Rocks'
24. Jana Kramer, 'Whiskey'
23. Chris Cagle, 'Let There Be Cowgirls'
22. Casey James, 'Crying on a Suitcase'
21. George Strait, 'Give It All We Got Tonight'
20. Randy Houser, 'How Country Feels'
19. Florida Georgia Line, 'Get Your Shine On'
18. Chris Young, 'I Can Take It From There'
17. Lady Antebellum, 'Downtown'
16. Dierks Bentley, 'Tip It on Back'
15. Thompson Square, 'If I Didn't Have You'
14. Taylor Swift, 'Begin Again'
13. Carrie Underwood, 'Two Black Cadillacs'
12. Miranda Lambert, 'Mama's Broken Heart'
11. Darius Rucker, 'Wagon Wheel'
10. Brad Paisley, 'Southern Comfort Zone'
9. Kacey Musgraves, 'Merry Go Round'
8. Lee Brice, 'I Drive Your Truck'
7. Hunter Hayes, 'Somebody's Heartbreak'
6. Little Big Town, 'Tornado'
5. Jason Aldean (Feat. Luke Bryan and Eric Church), 'The Only Way I Know'
4. Tim McGraw, 'One of Those Nights'
3. Blake Shelton, 'Sure Be Cool if You Did'
2. Gary Allan, 'Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)'
1. The Band Perry, 'Better Dig Two'
Did Your Favorite Song Make Our Top Country Songs List for February 2013?
What would you add to our list of the Top 40 country songs for February 2013? Share your opinions on the list — as well as the songs that deserve to be included but weren't — in the comments section below.