Kip Moore Announces New Album, ‘Slowheart’
Kip Moore's long-awaited third studio album will drop on Sept. 8. Slowheart will feature 13 tracks, co-written with the star's frequent collaborators Westin Davis, Dan Couch, Blair Daly and Troy Verges, among others.
Moore has already played some of the songs on his new album during select live shows, including "Last Shot" and "Just Another Girl," but says he's held most of the music close to his chest.
"This is hands down my favorite body of work I've been a part of," Moore tells Taste of Country. "I've been writing this record in secret for the last year. There's a couple I've played out but for the most part this record is going to be a complete discovery process."
The singer says he can't wait for fans to hear the recording he put together for "Last Shot," and adds that "Just Another Girl" is one of his favorite songs to play live.
"It has that '70s rock and roll influence that I love so much," Moore admits. "That's the thing about this record, there are so many colors. You get Motown influences, you get that old Skynyrd, Black Crowes rock and roll feel. This record is going to be a neat discovery for a lot of the diehard fans."
In an interview with Rolling Stone Country upon the announcement of Slowheart, Moore shares that there is one song in particular on the album that is his life story: "Guitar Man." It's the final track on the album, which he wrote with Couch and Davis.
"That song is my life story," Moore admits. "I remember being that guy, having all those dreams. Constantly feeling like, 'Am I ever going to get where I want to get?' And that night, I overheard someone say, 'Man, that guy is good.' No one knew his name, he was faceless. I just remember being him, giving everybody the time of their lives one night. And then I would go home by myself and feel empty, because there was so much more I could accomplish."
Moore is far from a faceless singer these days. His current single "More Girls Like You" is in the Top 20 on the country charts. It is the leadoff single from the new album. Slowheart follows 2012's Up All Night and 2015's Wild Ones.
Kip Moore's Slowheart Track Listing:
1. "Plead the Fifth" (Luke Dick, Josh Kear)
2. "Just Another Girl" (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Ben Helson)
3. "I've Been Around" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch)
4. "Fast Women" (Kip Moore, Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Troy Verges)
5. "Bitter Sweet Company" (Kip Moore, Josh Miller, Troy Verges)
6. "Sunburn" (Kip Moore, David Garcia, Josh Miller, Steven Olsen)
7. "More Girls Like You" (Kip Moore, Steven Olsen, Josh Miller, David Garcia)
8. "The Bull" (Jon Randall, Luke Dick)
9. "Blonde" (Kip Moore, Steven Olsen, Josh Miller, David Garcia)
10. "Good Thing" (Kip Moore, Josh Miller, Troy Verges)
11. "Last Shot" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, David Lee Murphy)
12. "Try Again" (Kip Moore, David Garcia, Josh Miller)
13. "Guitar Man" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Westin Davis)
There Probably Won't Be a Beard Song on Kip Moore's Album
More Beard Here! Pics of Kip Moore at ToC Fest