Brad Paisley, ‘Love and War': Everything You Need to Know
Brad Paisley is getting set to release his 11th studio album, Love and War, and Taste of Country has rounded up all the information that's been revealed so far about the record.
Warming up fans with his 2016 singles "Without a Fight" and "Today," the West Virginia-born guitar slinger has revealed quite a bit in advance of the release of Love and War, including some big-name collaborations and more. Ultimately "Without a Fight" (a duet with Demi Lovato didn't make the cut, but plenty of other collaborations did.
Look for the album at stores and digital retailers on April 21.
Paisley’s new album is titled Love and War. It was announced by the country superstar during a performance in November of 2016. Paisley teamed up with Luke Wooten to co-produce Love and War.
The Album Cover
The cover of Love and War depicts Paisley superimposed over a blue background, wearing black and playing guitar while his signature white appears to have flown off his head and is suspended in mid-air beside him. There is also a small amp next to him, so the album art is a nod to his guitar playing.
Best Guitarists in Country Music
Love and War has actually had two different lead singles released to radio, but one didn't make the record. In May of 2016, Paisley released "Without a Fight," a duet with pop star Demi Lovato. The song was originally billed as Love and War's first single, but when Paisley released "Today" in October of 2016, it too was billed as the album's first single.
On April 24 Paisley will officially release "Last Time for Everything" as his newest single.
Besides working with Demi Lovato, Paisley has also talked about working with acclaimed hip-hop producer Timbaland and John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame.
“I wanted the collaborations on this record to be collaborations that took me outside of what you’d typically think and brought that other world into this, but it’s also very country,” Paisley says.
Paisley also has a song on the album with Mick Jagger. He co-wrote all 16 tracks, including regular collaborator Chris DuBois on many, as well as legends like Jagger, Johnny Cash and Bill Anderson.
Brad Paisley, Love and War Track List:
1. "Heaven South" (Brad Paisley, Brent Anderson, Chris DuBois)
2. "Last Time for Everything" (Paisley, Smith Ahnquist, Anderson, DuBois, Mike Ryan)
3. "One Beer Can" (Paisley, Anderson, DuBois)
4. "Go to Bed Early" (Paisley, Anderson, Hannah Dasher, Dubois)
5. "Drive of Shame" Feat. Mick Jagger (Paisley, Jagger, Matt Clifford)
6. "Contact High" (Paisley, Kelley Lovelace, Lee Thomas Miller)
7. "Love and War" (Paisley, Fogerty)
8. "Today" (Paisley, DuBois, Ashley Gorley)
9. "selfie#theinternetisforever" (Paisley, Jim Beavers, DuBois)
10. "Grey Goose Chase" Feat. Timbaland (Paisley, Jared Gutstadt, Miller, Timbaland)
11. "Gold All over the Ground" (Paisley, Johnny Cash)
12. "Dying to See Her" Feat. Bill Anderson (Paisley, Bill Anderson)
13. "Solar Power Girl" (Paisley, Gutstadt, Timbaland)
14. "The Devil is Alive and Well" (Paisley, Robert Arthur, Kenny Lewis)
15. "Meaning Again" (Paisley, Lovelace, Miller)
16. "Heaven South" (Reprise) (Paisley, Anderson, DuBois)
Brad Paisley's Love and War will be released on April 21.
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood's Most Unforgettable Moments