Chris Stapleton, Miranda Lambert + More Featured on Upcoming Elton John Tribute Albums
Several of country music's biggest acts will be featured on two Elton John tribute albums that will be released on April 6. The two discs, Revamp and Restoration, will each include 13 tracks originally made famous by John and reworked by some of the most diverse artists in music.
Restoration highlights country's biggest acts, with new interpretations by Dierks Bentley, Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris, Miley Cyrus, Vince Gill and Don Henley, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson, Brothers Osborne, Chris Stapleton, Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton, and Lee Ann Womack.
“It's always a huge compliment when an artist loves your song enough to take the time and effort to rework it,” John says in a press release. “As songwriters, Bernie [Taupin] and myself are thrilled when singers we admire and respect as much as those on Revamp and Restoration choose to add their own unique twist in the process. It means that our music is still relevant and ultimately that our songs continue to reach new audiences. We're humbled and thank them all for their generosity.”
Elton John Is a Maren Morris Fan!
Revamp features John's hits re-imagined by acts in the pop, rock and urban genres. Covers include performances by Mary J. Blige, Alessia Cara, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Florence and the Machine, Lady Gaga, the Killers, Mumford and Sons, Pink and Logic, Q-Tip ft. Demi Lovato, Queens of the Stone Age, Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith.
"Restoration was Bernie's project and he’s a huge country fan," John says. "The Revamp was more my project. He came up with an astonishing list of country performers both new and legendary. On Revamp I wrote out a wish list of people that I would love and asked them, and to my surprise, most of them said yes and we have quite an astonishing eclectic crew."
The complete track listing for John's Restoration and Revamp projects are below. Days after the album's release, several musicians will pay tribute to the singer during a two-hour television special. Elton John: I'm Still Standing — A Grammy Salute will air on April 10 at 9PM, ET/PT on CBS. Keith Urban, Lambert, Morris and Little Big Town are all taking part in that special.
Restoration Track Listing:
1. "Rocket Man," Little Big Town
2. "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters," Maren Morris
3. "Sacrifice," Don Henley and Vince Gill
4. "Take Me to the Pilot," Brothers Osborne
5. "My Father’s Gun," Miranda Lambert
6. "I Want Love," Chris Stapleton
7. "Honky Cat," Lee Ann Womack
8. "Roy Rogers," Kacey Musgraves
9. "Please," Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton
10. "The Bitch Is Back," Miley Cyrus
11. "Sad Songs (Say So Much)," Dierks Bentley
12. "This Train Don’t Stop," Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris
13. "Border Song," Willie Nelson
Revamp Track Listing
1. "Bennie and the Jets," Elton John, Pink, Logic
2. "We All Fall in Love Sometimes," Coldplay
3. "I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues," Alessia Cara
4. "Candle in the Wind," Ed Sheeran
5. "Tiny Dancer," Florence and the Machine
6. "Someone Saved My Life Tonight," Mumford and Sons
7. "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word," Mary J. Blige
8. "Don’t Go Breaking My Heart," Q Tip feat. Demi Lovato
9. "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters," The Killers
10. "Daniel," Sam Smith
11. "Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me," Miley Cyrus
12. "Your Song," Lady Gaga
13. "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," Queens of the Stone Age