Lady Antebellum’s New Album Includes Little Big Town Collaboration
Lady Antebellum have announced the details for their next studio album. The award-winning country vocal trio are set to release Ocean on Nov. 15, and the project includes a collaboration with Little Big Town on a track titled "The Thing That Wrecks You."
Daniel Tashian, Tenille Townes and Kate York teamed up to write the song. According to a press release, "its dreamy coda features the two groups' vocals intermingling, weaving in and out of one another and occasionally hovering over the gauzy guitars."
Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott and Dave Haywood dug deep for the new album, which is their first under a new deal with Big Machine Label Group. They worked with producer Dann Huff on the new tracks, and the result is a collection of 13 songs that they feel take them back to their roots and offer a "new beginning."
“There’s this theme of returning to the core of who we are — as writers, vocalists and people — that came out in each of these songs," Haywood says. “Our time in the studio with Dann had an excitement that felt like we were making our first album all over again."
Ocean is available for pre-order at all digital retailers, and fans who order in advance will receive an instant download of the title track. "Ocean" established a theme for the album when the band recorded it. Click to hear the track at the top of the story.
"It's such a cinematic and theatrical melody with a message that became the cornerstone of this record for us," Scott says. “Ocean is all of the things that we think and feel when we hear the word. This album is immersed in life stories about barely keeping your head above water all the way to those times that make you feel like everything is smooth sailing.”
Lady Antebellum have already let fans hear two of the songs from Ocean. Fans have heard "Pictures," while "What If I Never Get Over You" is currently at country radio.
Lady Antebellum, Ocean Track List:
1. “What If I Never Get Over You” (Sam Ellis, Jon Green, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz)
2. “Pictures” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder)
3. “Crazy Love” (Charles Kelley, Nathan Chapman)
4. “You Can Do You” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Corey Crowder, Jordan Schmidt)
5. “What I’m Leaving For” (Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath, Laura Veltz)
6. “Be Patient With My Love” (Charles Kelley, Dave Barnes, Ben West)
7. “Alright” (Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Busbee, Justin Ebach)
8. “Let It Be Love” (Hillary Scott, Jordan Reynolds, Amy Wadge)
9. “On a Night Like This” (Dave Barnes)
10. “Boots” (Charles Kelley, Ross Copperman)
11. “The Thing That Wrecks You” feat. Little Big Town (Daniel Tashian, Tenille Townes, Kate York)
12. “Mansion” (Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
13. “Ocean” (Tofer Brown, Sarah Buxton, Abe Stoklasa)
Best Song of the 2000s? Lady Antebellum Has One!